Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Swimmer's What??

Last weekend Darren and I decided to check out the dike at Boundary Bay (an embankment of earth and rock built to prevent floods, not a lesbian.) The tide was way out, so we decided to take off our shoes and go for a nice long walk through the tidal pools. We were amazed at the number of little sea snails laying all over the place....we are talking millions of these little suckers!

When we were done, we hopped in the car and headed over to Crescent Beach, which is not very far from there and is soooooo unbelievably beautiful. If you have never been there before (I hadn't) then you should definitely go. So we walk down to the beach where there is a huge sign telling you how to avoid Swimmer's Itch!!! One of the tips was "Avoid areas with high concentrations of snails". I, of course, was instantly itchy and we headed home shortly after so that I could wash my poor feet with boiling water and bleach. Yuck!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Good thing only your feet hit the water!!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

You have never been to Crescent Beach?? What a weirdo.

This post is totally "you" I can't believe you washed your skin with bleach. I think soap would suffice.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home