Thursday, July 27, 2006

World Cup Celebrations!

A few weeks ago Darren, Sarah & I met Whitney down on Commercial to watch Italy & France in the World Cup Final.

We found a great little pub down the street a ways from the total chaos and waited in a humungous line up for our chance at a seat.

Whitney and Darren scored us a wicked spot upstairs with a great view of the tv from both sides of the booth.

A few Irish coffees, beers and mimosas later we were primed to hit the streets to celebrate Italy's victory in what I am convinced must be the most Italian place on earth other than Italy.

There were a few sad French faces, but mostly excited Italy fans EVERYWHERE!!


Chants of "Italia! Italia!" echoed through the streets.


At one point I was walking along and I looked over at Darren and had to do a double take because he was carrying a hair dryer. I've now learned that my boyfriend likes to pick up random items off the street and bring them home with him.

Even stranger than that though is the person that leaves their hair dryer on the side walk of a crazy busy street! I'm still not sure what he plans on using it for with such short hair and 3 other hair dryers already in the house, but it does work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home