Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Giant Buddha


Sarah & I took a 5.7 km cable car ride to go visit the Giant Buddha at the Po Lin Monastery at Ngong Ping on Lantau Island.

The view was amazing and it was really cool until it stopped all of a sudden over the ocean for about 5 minutes. I don't think I've been that nervous in quite a long time! Sarah & Suds said that when it opened it broke down for a couple of hours with people in it....I don't know what I would have done if that had happened!! Fortunately I had enough adavan and sleeping pills in my purse to sedate everyone in the car for at least a few hours....lol.


At the top of the cable car there was a cute little "authentic" Chinese village....complete with a Starbucks!



The Buddha was quite something as you can see from the pics! It is 34 metres high and weighs 220 tonnes.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Great blog entries!! You make even me want to go!! :) And I never knew how much the Buddah weighed...those pamphlets sure come in handy!
So glad you enjoyed yourself. Come again soon...well not too soon:) I need time to recover!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home