Thursday, November 30, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Since I have horrific jetlag and I have been awake since 3:30am, I thought that updating the blog would be more productive than lying in bed staring at the ceiling, listening to lucky Darren snoring away in dreamland.

I just got back on Tuesday from Hong Kong....luckily my flight wasn't cancelled due this freak dump of snow! I can't even believe how fast my time there went by. Sarah & Suds were AWESOME tour guides and had us very busy the whole time I was there! I really loved it there.....it was so much different than what I had pictured in my head and I'm so glad I got the chance to go before they left for Cape Town.

My first night there was a fun one! Sarah & Suds met me at the airport with flowers (so cool!) and we hopped on the airport express and headed for their place. After a celebration with champagne, wine & cheese and home-baked shortbread cookies a la Tiffany we headed out to this Russian cooler bar for some chocolate chili vodka shots in some sweet pimp jackets.
That was the beginning of our pub crawl through Lan Kwai Fong (the bar district near where they live). It was really cool cause almost every bar we went to had a live band and they were all fantastic.


Our journey through the nightlife there, saw us dancing (with our hands above our heads, no less) at various clubs until we stumbled outside and realized it was daylight already.

As you can see, the photography just got better as the evening progressed!


Yes, it was 8am and time for us to stumble home as NORMAL people were taking their children to school.

With the time change I had been up for somewhere around 32 hours and it was time for bed!!! Well, the couch anyway:) But not without a stop for some yummy fresh baked egg tarts for breakfast! They were so delicious....and I gave Darren a hard time for eating apple pie for breakfast..lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home