Friday, February 16, 2007

Strange Wedding Offers...

It's pretty amazing the things that people start to offer you once you get engaged....advice, discounts on things....lots of cool stuff, as well as lots of strange (but still cool) stuff! Here is an email I received recently from Sarah, God bless her:



"I would like to offer my services as the minister for your wedding. I have recently been ordained and can now perform your wedding ceremony. This will be a good cost saving measure for you and Darren! My fee will be a bottle of champagne, hopefully to be drank before the ceremony!
Sarah"

When asked if this was for real, the reply I received was:

"Of course it is legit. I will go by Reverend Sarah from now on. I am having business cards made up. I just have to make sure that it is legal under Canadian law"

I think it took me about 10 minutes before I finally stopped laughing. With all due love and respect, knowing Sarah it is probably the church of anarchy and atheism, but thanks for the offer!!

For those of you interested in the bad hair contest. I have postponed the deadline to next week because as it turns out there are a lot of people who do not have scanners. If you get them to me I can scan them at work. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I don't know what to say! that is really kinda weird. When Sarah and I were little she was really good at making fun of the priest at Nana's church. The internet... man... it's amazing what you can find there.

PS- you were planning to have a Camoflage themed wedding right? I have the perfect boots.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Camo is so out for weddings! I have been really inspired by leopard print this season....

And just to set the record straight, I am an agnostic not an atheist.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home