Sunday, May 14, 2006

Holy Birthdays Batman!


We went to the island last week to visit Darren's Mom, Gail, on her birthday last week. I can't believe how many Tauruses (spelling??) are in my life! Me, Hilary, Dad, Gail, Francis, Sarah, Charlene and Adele all had our birthdays in the last 3 weeks, which has made for a lot of dinners out!

When we went out for Charlene's birthday dinner at Anducci's where the portions are huge, I bet Darren $100.00 that he couldn't finish his plate. Big mistake!! The table had been cleared of everyone else's plates, but Darren the trooper carried on and actually finished it!!

All was fine and dandy until about 5 minutes into the car ride home when we had to pull over because the seatbelt was too tight on his tummy! lol

After some walking back and forth and lying down in the back seat of the car to relieve the pressure, poor Darren had to lighten his load at the side of the road (hey that rhymes!). I felt so bad, having egged him on, but I had to hide my face a few times as I rubbed his back because I could not stop myself from laughing hysterically!!

Seeing how he only managed to keep the dinner down for about 10 minutes my opinion is that he lost the bet. No dough if you blow! Darren, of course, does not agree with this.....what do you think???

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I agree with you Shannon. On Fear Factor it doesn't count if you puke it up. (I think maybe Amazing Race and Survivor, too)
Darren should have saved the pigout for a Tuesday (or was it Thursdays?) where if you finish your plate they give you a coupon for a free meal next time. I am sure anducci's does not enforce the "if you blow no dough" rule.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

i definatley agree with you shannon as well because if there was not hundred dollars to be won he wouldn't have finished his plate!!!!.... evident by the events that followed. plus i think he should loose purely for it being such a waste of a good meal!!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

that is SOOO funny. Those pictures really capture the pain!

I think if he didn't hold it down until you got to an ATM he's SOL.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home