Friday, September 01, 2006

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!

Today has been a very exciting day for Darren and I!!! We got engaged this morning!!!

I was walking to work in the morning, running a couple of minutes late, and as I started walking through Tipperary Park on my way to the Skytrain I noticed a bunch of rose petals along the pathway. I was thinking how beautiful it was and that maybe there had been a wedding there the night before, until I noticed the chalk writing along the pathway that said....WILL......YOU......MARRY........ME.

I was like, wow, that is so sweet! I wonder who that's for? I was looking around the park for other people thinking to myself how cool it would be if it was for me and how I should call Darren to tell him how silly I am, but no one else was around.

My heart started to beat faster as the rose petals ended near the tree that Darren and I had sat under and talked for hours on our first date. It is a beautiful old tree that was 2 different trees that appeared to grow out of one trunk.

One had blossoms and the other had berries and we thought it was symbolic of us growing together and were very sad one day when one of the trees got sick and they had to cut part of it down.

As I neared the remaining tree and the rose petals ended I thought could this be for me??? No....that printing is too neat to be Darren's...haha. Then Darren came walking out from behind our tree, dressed in a suit with a bouquet of red roses.

I said yes before he had even had a chance to get down on his knee or pull out a ring...lol. It was so thoughtful and romantic and so unexpected. I was in complete shock. I must have muttered "oh my god" at least 60 times.

Then we went over and sat under our tree and celebrated with champagne and orange juice and called just about everyone that we know.



Here I am on the phone to my Dad after Darren proposed. He said that he has never heard me so happy before:)

Here are the gorgeous roses that were left that didn't get used for the pathway.



My beautiful new ring!!!

Darren & I on our way to celebrate at the Boathouse, where we were serenaded by our waiter and the entire restaurant. They sang "That's Amore" and it was so cool!

The whole day was absolutely surreal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Congratualtions! Can't wait to hear the story!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Taralyn and Jason said...

Nice Rock!! Oh sorry, I guess congrats on all your future love and happiness is the more appropriate thing to say.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Taralyn and Jason said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:57 PM  
Blogger DANCE MONSTER said...

Thanks for all the nice comments!! No date set yet...but we will keep you posted.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home