Friday, June 16, 2006

Support Local Talent

I just received an email from my friend Helen Haig-Brown and one of her films is being shown at the IMAGeNation 8th Annual Aboriginal Film & Video Festival on June 25, 2006 between 2:30-4:30pm at the Vancouver International Film Centre (1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver). For more info check out:
www.imag-nation.com/2006festival/index.html

Here is the description of her film:
Su Naa (My Big Brother) – 11:27 min
Producer/Director: Helen Haig-Brown – Tsilhqot’in
Distributor: Vtape, Canada 2005
A sister tries to resolve her guilt in order to recover the happiness of the last night shared with her brother before he is killed in a tragic accident. The audience is taken through this journey of resolve on an emotional landscape of grief.

Her brother William was a very special part of our lives and I really want to go see this. Unfortunately I am working that day, but I am going to try really hard to get off early. If I can, does anyone else want to go?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

yes! I'd love to go.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home